Monday, February 14, 2011

How To Fix Your Thinking

Here is a little example of how to fix your thinking...if it needs fixing. I know mine did...constant work in progress.

I used to say things like this - I should have longed the 1361.7 in GC - it was $$

Now when I have that thought (can't prevent self from having thoughts - but can be aware of our thoughts and correct them)...

I go... Yep that would have been a great trade. What a great area I had as support in GC. Good job Tony. Good job for scaling out of short there! Okay NEXT. What's the next trade Tony?

And I leave it at that. Good job, Next, what's the next trade???

Where as before I would think "I should have longed that 1361.7 GC" - Then thoughts turn to the EVER SO DAMAGING negative self talk.

Damnit why DIDN'T I long that area. Damnit she popped 60 ticks off that number with only 1 tick of heat. F*** I am such an idiot! WHY didn't I take that. Then you start speaking out loud and confessing out loud what an idiot you are. etc etc etc.

Been there? Yeah me too. Don't do it! Give yourself credit for identifying a good area. For taking the scale of + 51 ticks there. And then move on to the next trade.

It is impossible to find new opportunity when you are berating yourself. And why would you berate yourself for identifying a great S/R area and having the foresight to scale out there?

We are not perfect - don't expect to be. Expect to be profitable. What we think about and what we speak (confess) is the starting point of all things.

"Thoughts are things" - Napolean Hill

"As a man thinketh in his heart, so is he" - Proverbs 23:7

"Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life" - Proverbs 4:23

"It is not what goes into the mouth that defiles a person, but what comes out of the mouth, this defiles a person" - Mathew 15:11

In other words it is not what we eat that makes us unclean - it is the negative crap we speak that makes us unclean.

In 2 Corinthians 10:5 the Bible talks about capturing every thought and bringing it into obedience of the knowledge of Christ. Think about that for a moment. Capture every thought. Bring it into obedience of the truth.

What we think about and what we speak (confess) is the starting point of all things. Choose your thoughts, and words, wisely.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Brilliant post, I've been around for awhile, reading hear and there. I trade mostly in the Forex market, but I really appreciate your outlook on the markets and trading as a whole.

Also, I wanted to thank you for that piece of scripture, seems to be just what I needed today...

Have a great day!

Michael